Wednesday, July 17, 2013

ADDING A FAN TO YOU CORNER BEDROOM

    The wife and I like to have a fan on us when we sleep. Previously had used a standing fan, but could not find anywhere to set it up where we could feel the breeze.  I even hung the old fan off the vent but was a pain.

   So shopped around figured I could buy some type of standing fan and mount it.  In my searching found this under the counter fan by  Vornado CR1-0117-06 under cabinet personal fan.

 
The fan was not cheap 39.00 at Home Depot. I used discover on-line and saved 10%.  

 
 
 
Upon receiving the fan I was pleasantly surprised at the mounting instructions. Using the template you drill 4 holes in a wall and the fan tightens up to the wall.  Since the fan folds down I figured I might have to make some type of mounting bracket, but the fan angles down till it stops  the fan will stay in place at any angle. Additionally the fan can me rotated around the attached base.
 
  This really got me thinking, could I attach it to closet door and get two uses out of it. Main purpose- air flow while sleeping,, second,, could I get some air flow to the wife while she is cooking. Could not wait to get to RV and see what I could do.
 
 
Euereka!!!!  when doing some prep work, decided to put the fan on the hall closet. With the rotating base, I will be able to use on the bed and when we are cooking if needed.
To the left kitchen counter, to the right bed.
Door prior to mounting.

 .

 
Template to drill holes. Easy breezy.Drilled some small tapping holes prior to actual drilling correct size, I drilled a smaller hole than required, used the drill bit to clean the hole, I wanted the hole very tight to prevent banging later on

 

FAN ATTACHED TO CABINENT.
 Power cord reaches to the kitchen counter plug easily, has a plastic attachment to hook on to the fan to hold the cord, cord will also go into the closet door no problem.

 

Fan opened and pointed to bedroom.

 

Fan turn around to use for the cook. 
 
 

Fan angled and turned to dinette.

 
NOTES
         Took about 15 to 20 minutes to do this project.  What I really like is the ability to use the fan for not only the bedroom, but also the kitchen and the dinette.  I did add washers to the screws on the cabinet door. Drilled some small tapping holes prior to actual drilling correct size, I drilled a smaller hole than required, used the drill bit to clean the hole, I wanted the hole very tight to prevent banging later on. Power cord reaches to the kitchen counter plug easily, Has a plastic attachment to hook on to the fan to hold the cord, cord will also go into the closet door no problem. Can not wait to see how it does. 
 

 

.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment